Are you in a War with your Weight?
Have you put on some unwanted pounds over the last few years? Does your weight go up and down (more up than down)? Are your clothes getting too tight? I don’t know about you, but one of the biggest battles I have is the battle of maintaining my weight. This has been an ongoing battle because I truly love to eat, love to have deserts, and if it is something that I like, I love to go back for seconds. These are some of the habits that cause continued weight gain! Gaining weight and carrying unwanted pounds can cause health issues as well as other issues. It’s been a while since I have written but this week I want to discuss my WEIGHT WAR. Is there anyone else out there in the same war?
I realize this can be a sensitive topic, but I want to talk about it because it has affected me and I am sure that I am not alone. I have been in a war with my weight for many years. My weight goes up and down. Quite frankly, I am tired of the war, and I would like to consistently maintain it without feeling like a rollercoaster. This is so important to me because whenever I am on the higher end of the scale, I feel heavier, I don’t have as much energy and often times I am dealing with a host of other issues as well. The healthier I eat and the more that I exercise, I better I feel.
If you are in a weight war, I want to share 5 W’s to help you win your weight war. These are five disciplines that will help you to achieve your goals. You have probably heard them before, but the question is are you doing them? If so, are you consistent? I want to encourage you to join me for the next 90 days as I intentionally follow the 5 W’s every day. They do not have to be done in order, just be sure to do them each day.
- Water – Take your body weight and divide it by 2 to determine the minimum amount water you should drink.
- Weight – Weigh in each day and deal with the number on the scale. This is a form of accountability and it will help you see how various foods affect your body.
- Write – Write down what you are eating. Use a journal book or you can log it electronically using MyFitnesspal.com or Looseit.com. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and we should be concerned about what we put in our body.
- Workout – Go for a walk or do a workout for at least 30 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week.
- Word – Take in a word by watching a video on Youtube or by reading about what you are trying to accomplish. For example, if you are going to walk, listen to a video on the benefits of walking. If you are trying to eat healthier, watch a video on clean eating, etc.
Here are a few verses from God’s Word that encourage me to win in this weight war.
- Romans 12:2 – Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. In order for you to change your habits, you have got to renew your mind daily. This is why W #5 is so important.
- Philippians 3:19 – Don’t let your god be your belly. (Your stomach can be your god when you listen to everything that it tells you to do and eat)
- Galatians 5:22 – Remember Self-Control is a fruit of the Spirit. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you control your appetite.
- Phillippians 4:13 – We can do all things through Christ.
Is anyone up for the 90-day challenge? The goal is to do each of the 5 W’s for 90 days. You can start the day after you read this the 90 days will end October 31st (give or take a day or so). Send me a message to let me know and I will be praying for your 90-day journey.
Until next week,
Hi! I’ve been reading for your emails for years and I absolutely love them.
Thank you for sharing this. I’ve also had a similar struggle with my weight, almost four years ago now. It’s also why I started a wellness sisterhood for women so that we can live well and live life and let go of the struggles of the scale.
I’d be honored if you’d join us for a workout or any of the events we have going on. There’s meal planning parties, different chats, mindset, ladies nights, workouts, and whatever else we come up with.
I hope it’s okay that I’m sharing this. Being obedient to God. Happy to send some information your way if that’s helpful.
All the best in wellness, Tamasia
Thank you for reading.
I would love to join you for a work out or an event. Are you in the DMV area?
I too have been in this war for a lifetime. As I approach my 50th in October, I am down for this challenge. Count me in!
You can do it!
Yay! You can do it! Let’s stay connected.