How To Take Your Husband to Another Level
Your man needs it! He wants it, and the Bible says, see that you give it to him. Once he gets it from you, it will help him to go to another level. It’s called RESPECT! Last week’s post was for the husbands and the potential husbands, this week’s post is especially, for the wives and the potential wives. We are still in Ephesians Chapter 5 however, I would like for you to focus on verses 22-24 and the last verse (33).
One of the things that will pull a man down is a disrespectful woman. Ladies we must learn our place and use our influence to help take a brother up a level. Let’s look closer at what Ephesians 5 says. It reminds us to submit to our own husbands, as to the Lord. The word submit can be defined several ways. One of the definitions says; to present for the approval, consideration or decision of another. First, we must have a relationship with the Lord. If you don’t submit to the Lord who is God Almighty, it makes it difficult to submit to your husband. The Bible says that a husband is to be the head of the wife, as Christ is also the head of the church. Therefore, we are to pay attention to our husbands and consider them in everything that we do and say. Verse 24 says, “Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.” Everything pretty much means everything!
The last verse of Ephesians Chapter 5 sums up everything. It says “let the wife see that she respects her husband.” The word see in this verse means that we must make sure that we respect our husbands. Be intentional! It’s like saying; if you don’t do anything else, make sure that you respect your husband. Every husband is different; so, it is very important that you find out how your husband spells respect. I had a discussion with my husband about what makes men feel respected. The following are a few examples of what makes a man feel respected.
- Keeping your husband informed (about you, the kids, the house, and everything)
- Finding out what meals he would like to have and preparing/purchasing them
- Affirming him. (Example: You are doing a great job with . . ., Thank you for being a great dad)
- Discussing your financial moves even though you have a job and your own money
- Praying for him
- Letting him know your whereabouts
- Keeping a clean house
- Watching your tone when you speak to him
- Maintaining your inward and outward appearance
- Considering him before making decisions
- Speaking well of him (in front of the children and in public)
- Last but not least, initiating sex (smile)
When you know how your husband spells respect, give it to him. Give it unconditionally because sometimes you may feel that he doesn’t deserve respect. However, God has ordered respect for husbands and as a wife, you must be clear on how to give your husband what he needs. If you don’t know ask him. See that you respect your husband!
Until next week . . .