“Are You Open?”
Are you open to trying something new, going to a different place and doing something that you have never done before? As we continue to discuss how to have a PROSPEROUS Marriage in 2018, this week’s focus is on the “O” for Being Open.
It is so easy to get stuck in the same routine. Do you want different results in your marriage or in your life? If your answer is yes! You must be willing to do something different. Last weekend my husband and I joined another couple for dinner. We decided to go to a restaurant that we had never been to before, and the food was delicious! We were in a different place, and we all enjoyed our food. Originally we had planned to go to a familiar restaurant but at the last minute, we decided to try something new. It was the best decision!
It’s a good feeling to try something new with your spouse. Create new memories every chance that you get and this will help to keep the relationship fresh! New experiences help to add spice, variety and excitement to a marriage. Have you tried anything new lately? If not, do something that you have never done before this week. Here are a few ideas:
- Go to a different restaurant, cook a different meal or set your table differently.
- If you haven’t been praying together, start!
- Send flowers or send your spouse something that you have never sent before.
- Leave an encouraging card, note or text for your spouse if this is something that you don’t normally do.
- Wear something different that you know your spouse would appreciate.
- Do something that you have never done before.
- Travel to a different place or go to a different event with your spouse.
Big blessings can come out of being open to new things. “Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert (Isaiah 43:19). ” I believe that trying something new opens the door for God to do something new in our lives, and in our relationships. Be open!
Until next week . . .