R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Find out what it means to me! Over and over, I have heard men say that their #1 need is respect. Although we all need respect, this week’s focus is the respect that a man needs. So, if you are single with hopes of being married, learn what it really means to respect a man and you will be in a better position to keep him. If you are married, use this week’s message to evaluate the respect in your marriage.
It is very important that every wife knows how to respect her husband. In Ephesians 5:33 the Bible says “let the wife see that she respects her husband.” When respect is missing other problems will occur. The Amplified Bible breaks down the word respect in such a way that we can all check ourselves. Ask yourself, “Do I respect my husband the way that God wants me to? Here is what it means to really respect your husband.
- Notice Him (Pay attention to your husband)
- Regard Him (Think highly of him)
- Honor Him (Give special rank and distinction to him)
- Prefer Him (Set or hold before, above other persons or things)
- Venerate Him (Regard or treat him with reverence) Note: Watch the way that you talk to him.
- Esteem Him (Regard highly or admire him)
- Defers to Him (Yield respectfully to him)
- Praise Him (Express approval, offer grateful words to him)
- Love Him (Desire him, have a warm attachment to him)
- Admire Him ( Regard with wonder, pleasure or approval)
In closing, if you are single and can’t respect him, don’t marry him. If you are married, see to it that you respect your husband and practice Ephesians 5:33. Have you shown your husband respect today? If this is a struggle for you, pray and God will help you!
Until next week . . .