“Do You Follow Instructions?”
Have you ever purchased something or started a job that had an Instruction’s Manual, but you didn’t read it? I know I have. Sometimes you think you know exactly how something should go without reading the manual. Not only do we try to use products without reading the manual, we try to do marriage without reading God’s manual. We ignore the fact that, The Manufacturer took time to create the Manual for us to read, follow and have a successful outcome.
Last week I attended a Leadership Summit and was given a flyer that said, “Research shows that the Bible sits well with us. But we too rarely sit with the Bible.” At the bottom of the flyer it said that 40% of churchgoers don’t open the Bible outside of church.
I remember learning that the BIBLE stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. So this week’s question is really asking if you read your Bible? I know that scripture is read at church, but do you take time to read during the week? Reading as little as one verse a day can have a great impact on you, your life, your behavior, your marriage and all of your relationships. The message this week is to read your Bible and apply it to your life. If you are already on a regular schedule of reading, keep it up! If not, please take this as a challenge and start reading today. Aim to read every day!
Here are just a few reasons why it’s important to read the Instruction’s Manual (The Bible):
- Life goes better with the Word of God and It pleases God.
- His Word tells us to study (II Timothy 2:5)
- It gives you wisdom.
- It gives you peace.
- It gives you directions for living and loving.
- It strengthens your walk and causes spiritual growth.
- It gives you hope.
- It will help to keep you from sin. (Psalm 119:11)
- It has a wonderful impact on marriage, family and all relationships.
- It works like a medicine and makes you feel better. 🙂
Until next week,