What Kind of Life Do You Want?
Most of us have an idea or a dream about the life that we want. However, making it a reality is the challenge! Last weekend, I had the pleasure of experiencing Oprah’s The Life You Want Weekend and it was wonderful! Seeing Oprah Winfrey in person and hearing her share her personal testimony of how God has worked in her life was a blessing. Oprah spoke on Friday night and on Saturday there were multiple speakers.
The over all message that I kept hearing is that you must be spiritually connected to hear and be clear on the assignment that God has for you. Being closely connected with God helps us to know what God wants us to do, and He empowers us to do it! Oprah quoted Psalm 46:1 which says “Be still, and know that I am God.” She encouraged everyone to learn to be still, commune with God, and then you will know what He wants you to do. You don’t have to keep asking people about what you should do, be still and you will know. Stillness and meditating on God’s Word is the best way to know the next move. God speaks, and we must be willing to be still and listen.
There were so many great nuggets of encourage to inspire everyone to do what God has placed in your heart. This week I just want to share a few of my notes from the weekend. I hope that they will bless you the way that they blessed me.
Here are a few notes that I wrote down while Oprah was speaking:
- Make replenishing yourself a priority. Learn to fill yourself so that you can be ready to give to others.
- You are never alone when you love being with yourself.
- Use your life as a platform for service.
- Your greatest power is to show love, give love and feel love.
- Take time to affirm others. People are always looking for validation. “Did I do a good job?”
- For every action, there is a reaction. The energy that you put out is coming back to you.
- You are co creating your life all of the time.
- Whatever you put out is automatically coming back to you. (This is the sow and reap principle)
- Your life is being shaped by what you believe, not by what you wish.
- If you are still breathing, you have a second chance. Don’t get stuck on past mistakes.
- After you have done all that you can, stand and surrender to God!
- The easiest way to change your vibration is to have gratitude. Keep your vibration strong!
- There is no life without acknowledging your spiritual life because you are a spiritual being with a soul.
- Whatever you are going through is going to help you to get through.
- Everything that has ever happened TO you has happened FOR you. Nothing that has happened to you will be wasted.
In conclusion, everyone was inspired to go to the next level! Work on your relationship with God and with yourself. Find ways to serve others. Take care of yourself spiritually and physically. Take actions to get the life you want. Take actions to get the body you want. Finally, I want to encourage all the married people to take daily actions to get the marriage you want! For if God be for you, who can be against you! (Romans 8:31)
Until next week. . .