19 Years and Counting . . .
On August 8, 1998 at the First Baptist Church of Glenarden, I said “I do” to William Tatem, Jr., and I am so happy to say that, “I still do!” It’s been nineteen wonderful years, and today, I am thanking God for keeping us together. Thank You Lord! I am so grateful for the way that this man loves me. As I reflect on what God has done in our 19 years, I just want to share 19 tips/lessons learned. I pray that it will help some body!
- Include God in your everyday life/marriage.
- Pray together everyday.
- Spend regular time with God individually, as a couple and as a family.
- Take your marriage to church on a weekly basis.
- Don’t go to bed angry.
- Forgive one another often.
- Make your spouse your #1 human priority.
- Strive to please one another on a daily basis.
- Have fun together!
- Try something new together as often as you can. (Go to new places, see different things and meet new people)
- Take a class together. (learn something together, do something together)
- Have regular date nights.
- Eat as many meals as you can together at a table.
- Share your intimate thoughts on a regular basis. Be open and honest.
- Have sex often. God create sex especially for married people.
- Compliment one another frequently. (Notice the hair cuts, something different, etc.)
- Take your complaints to God, and give compliments to each other.
- Be your mates cheerleader, support and the main one to encourage.
- Love one another the way that I Corinthians 13:1-13 says to love.
It’s been 19 wonderful years, but not 19 perfect years. We are two imperfect people who serve a Perfect God and therefore, we look to Him on a daily basis to maintain our marriage. No matter what you go through in marriage, God is able to work it out and keep you together. I am a witness!
Until next week . . .