19 Years and Counting . . .
On August 8, 1998 at the First Baptist Church of Glenarden, I said “I do” to William Tatem, Jr., and I am so happy to say that, “I still do!” It’s been nineteen wonderful years, and today, I am thanking God for keeping us together. Thank You Lord! I am so grateful for the way that this man loves me. As I reflect on what God has done in our 19 years, I just want to share 19 tips/lessons learned. I pray that it will help some body!
- Include God in your everyday life/marriage.
- Pray together everyday.
- Spend regular time with God individually, as a couple and as a family.
- Take your marriage to church on a weekly basis.
- Don’t go to bed angry.
- Forgive one another often.
- Make your spouse your #1 human priority.
- Strive to please one another on a daily basis.
- Have fun together!
- Try something new together as often as you can. (Go to new places, see different things and meet new people)
- Take a class together. (learn something together, do something together)
- Have regular date nights.
- Eat as many meals as you can together at a table.
- Share your intimate thoughts on a regular basis. Be open and honest.
- Have sex often. God create sex especially for married people.
- Compliment one another frequently. (Notice the hair cuts, something different, etc.)
- Take your complaints to God, and give compliments to each other.
- Be your mates cheerleader, support and the main one to encourage.
- Love one another the way that I Corinthians 13:1-13 says to love.
It’s been 19 wonderful years, but not 19 perfect years. We are two imperfect people who serve a Perfect God and therefore, we look to Him on a daily basis to maintain our marriage. No matter what you go through in marriage, God is able to work it out and keep you together. I am a witness!
Until next week . . .
Good morning Minister Tatem! Happy Anniversary to the Queen. I’m so thankful to have had the opportunity to glean from you during my time in QE. I pray when I marry my King these 19 tips/lessons will help me in our marriage. I celebrate you on today!
Happy Anniversary to you both!!!🌹🌹
Happy anniversary Caroline!! May you guys be blessed with many more years to come.
Carolyn! Love this… we share many of these tips with others as well. God bless you and your husband both! Continue to be shining examples! Kudos and prayers for many more years to come!
Such great tips!!
Happy Anniversary!! Thank God for Holy Spirit working through you. God bless your love, your heart from generation to generation in the name of Jesus. “So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.””
Matthew 19:6 NKJV
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Thank you for being a great example!