“Just Do It!”
“I know I should, but I am not.” “I know what the Bible says, but God will understand.” Have you ever made one of these statements? This week’s tip for having a prosperous marriage in 2018 is to simply obey! If we truly want to experience the blessings that God has in store for us, we must be obedient. Don’t delay, because delayed obedience is disobedience. (Ouch!) “Just do it!”
I know that “Just do it ” is the slogan for Nike, but it is so applicable for talking about obedience. To obey is to comply with or follow the commands of God. There are some things that God has placed in our hearts and on our minds, because He wants us to do it! Not only does He want us to do it, but He wants us to do it within His will and His Way. Oh and whatever it is, it should line up with His Word. You see, God would never tells us to do something that is contrary to His Word.
Obedience can be difficult, because often times there is a battle between our flesh and our Spirit. Galatians 5:17 says, “The flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.” Do you see what this verse is saying? You are not to do whatever you want. This means we have to tell the flesh NO! Both the flesh and the Spirit will speak, which will you obey? The one that you feed the most will win.
The Flesh is in conflict with The Spirit for example:
- “Do what feels good” vs “Do what pleases God”
- “Go and get drunk” vs “You need more of Me”
- “It’s okay to not be married and live together” vs “Move out and trust Me”
- “Over Eat” vs “You have had enough”
- “Don’t give your tithes” vs “Give and He will give it back to you”
- “Do it yourself!” vs “Serve your spouse”
- “Keep being busy” vs “Rest my child”
- “Say what’s on your mind” vs “Guard your tongue”
- “Tell a lie” vs “Speak the truth in love”
- “Give up/divorce” vs “Keep Pressing On/Fight”
God is calling all of us to obey. He wants us to do what He has already told us to do. Sometimes we are looking for more direction and God is saying, “I already told you what to do, just do it!” Whether He spoke to you through His Word or used someone else to tell you, it is up to you to “OBEY.” If you really want to be prosperous, be intentional about doing God’s will, His way, and applying His Word. Just do it!
Until next week . . .