What to do when you’re going through?
I don’t know about you about you, but 2017 was a very challenging year for me. The first half of the year was pretty good, but something changed in the month of July and it carried on through the rest of 2017. It was one thing after another, and the challenges occurred in several areas. Each area was near and dear to me such as; with my children, family, marriage, ministry and at work. As we get ready to enter July 2018, I am reflecting on how the Lord brought me through last year. It was challenging and painful but God! I am happy to say that God’s grace carried me through! It didn’t feel good, but I believe that it all worked for my good. Are you or someone you know going through? This week I want to share 7 things to do when you are going through.
- Tune up Your Prayer Life – I am sure that you have prayed, but tune it up! Cry out to God and spend more time talking to Him than you have ever before. Pray about your situation and the people involved. Find out what the Word of God says about your situation, and pray the Word of God. Pour out your heart to God (Psalm 62:8).
- Spend More Time Reading the Word of God – Feed your mind with the Word of God just like you feed your physical body food. Real change happens when we renew our mind (Romans 12:2).
- Fast weekly– Turn your plate down, and turn to God in prayer. The Bible says that some things only come through prayer and fasting (Matthew 7:21). There are many benefits to fasting. However, fasting helps you to draw closer to God and to hear Him more clearly.
- Seek Godly Counsel – Talk to your spiritual leader, counselor, mentor, pastor or a friend that will listen and give wisdom from God. Surround yourself with people who will encourage you to do things God’s way (Proverbs 19:20).
- Walk in Obedience – When God speaks be obedient. Remember it’s better to obey God rather than men. (Acts 5:29) Whatever God says will always line up with His Word. Once you seek godly counsel, obey.
- Worship God Often – Of course you can worship at home but go to church to worship with other believers on a weekly basis. Each time that you go to church you will get a word that will help to strengthen you as you go through. Don’t let the enemy talk you out of going to church. Let us not neglect the assembling of ourselves together (Hebrews 10:25).
- Keep putting good things in your eye gate and ear gate – Listen to music and messages that will encourage and strengthen you as you go through. Find a podcast or message that speaks to your situation. Read books that will give wisdom and speak life into your situation (Matthew 5:27-32).
I know these things will help you, because they helped me to get through the most challenging season of my life. Be encouraged and remember that God is faithful! Nothing is too hard for God! He will see you successfully through.
Until next week . . .