“Sex before marriage?”
Why should I wait? I have needs, and God understands. Everybody is doing it!! Yes pre-marital sex is widely accepted by the world. However, every body is NOT doing it. Believe it or not, there are some who have determined to wait until they are married. This week, I want to encourage all of the singles and the couples who are preparing to get married to WAIT! Hang in there and OBEY God!
God created sex, and it is good! However, it is good when it is done within the walls of marriage. I know you have heard that sex before marriage is wrong, but let’s talk about why it’s wrong. Sex before marriage is dangerous, it affects your mind, body and soul. Dangerous because each time that you have sexual intercourse with someone out side of marriage, you are taking a risk. Every day people risk their lives by enjoying pre-marital sex, knowing very little about their sexual partner. No one wants to talk about the impact and consequences of pre-marital sex.
Here are 12 reasons why you should NOT have sex before marriage:
- It hurts the heart of God. Throughout the Bible we are told to flee and abstain from having sex before marriage. (I Corin. 7:2, Galatians 5:19-20, I Corin 6:9, I Thes. 4:3-5, Deut. 22:13-28)
- It’s out of order! God is a God of order. There is a reason why the Bible promotes marriage first then sex. (I Corin. 14:40)
- It violates your relationship with God. Christian singles should refrain from sexual intercourse with other people because a Christian’s body belongs to God. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. (I Corin. 6:19)
- It can create unwanted problems in your future marriage/spouse.
- Sex before marriage messes with your mind. It alters your thinking, decisions and it is very hard to get sexual acts out of your mind.
- Once you start having sex outside of marriage it’s hard to stop.
- Sex before marriage is sin against your own body. It hurts you. (I Corin. 6;18-20)
- You develop a bond with someone who is not your husband/wife. Sex causes the two to become one. It is a physical and a spiritual act. This is why it’s not easy to shake it off. (Mark 10:6-9)
- It clouds your thinking. It is so hard to make sound decisions about the person who you are seeing once you have had intercourse. Often times people marry knowing that the person is not a good match for them, but because they are connected sexually their thinking is not clear. They overlook the fact that the person has other major issues that they will have to deal with once they are married.
- It may feel good for the moment, but it can cause disease, unwanted pregnancy and health challenges.
- It kills the excitement that was meant to take place on the wedding/honey moon night.
- It kills the testimony that you could share about God being a keeper. Somebody is watching and looking up to you. Establish a legacy to obey God in this way! Your friends and future kids will be blessed by your testimony.
God has a special reward for those who wait and obey. If you have not been obedient in this area know that God forgives, and He is able to cleanse you from all unrighteousness. (I John 1:9)
Until next week . . .
Thanks again for this msg. Definitely relevant and always timely!