How’s Your Honey?
How’s Your Honey?
“You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.” This means that everyday we have a choice, you can treat people nicely or you can be mean. Honey is something that is sweet and today I want to encourage you to keep the honey in your marriage.
Honey is often used to add sweetness to a cup of tea, a biscuit or whatever you would like to have sweeter. In marriage I define honey as love and kindness. God wants us to keep the honey in our marriage. Jeremiah 31:3 says God loves us with an everlasting love and that He draws us with lovingkindness. Just as God uses lovingkindness to draw us to Him, we must use love and kindness to keep drawing our spouse toward us. This is how we keep the honey in our marriage. No one wants to come home to someone who is mean, spiteful, nasty and self-centered. This makes a marriage go sour. Love and kindness is the honey that we must be intentional about using in our daily marriage.
Here are just a few things that can be done to keep the honey in a marriage.
- Prayer (Individual and as a couple). Keep Christ in your marriage.
- Speak pleasant words. The Bible says that pleasant words are like a honey comb sweetness to the soul and health to the bones (Prov. 16:24)
- Send a sweet text
- Think of acts of kindness on a regular. “What would make my spouse happy?”
- Be willing to change your pace and try something different.
- Wear something that you know your spouse loves.
- Cook something that your spouse enjoys.
- Forgive as quickly as you can.
- Go out on a date and try something new together.
- Give a back rub or foot rub.
In closing, I am asking, “How is Your Honey?” Evaluate your marriage and think of ways to make it sweeter. Remember that you get more accomplished with honey than with vinegar. Be sweet!
Until next week!