“Men Really Are Attracted by Sight”
I am sure that you have heard the popular statement, “Men are attracted by sight!” Any type of advertisement that wants to appeal to men often has a woman attached. Usually the woman is half dressed or exposing one of the three B’s (her butt, her breast or her belly). Well believe it or not, the truth of this matter all started in the Word of God! Check it out . .
Judges 14:1 (NLT) One day when Samson was in Timnah, one of the Philistine women caught his eye.” When he returned home, he told his father and mother, “A young Philistine woman in Timnah caught my eye, I want to marry her. Get her for me.” Samson took one sight of the Philistine woman and decided that he wanted to marry her. He didn’t care that his parents weren’t in agreement and that it was against God’s law for the Isrealites to marry Philistines. All he knew is that he saw her and he had to have her.
2 Samuel 11:2 Then it happened one evening that David arose from his bed and walked on the roof of the king’s house. And from the roof he saw a woman bathing, and the woman was very beautiful to behold. So David sent and inquired about the woman. . . David saw someone else’s wife bathing and he had to have her. He didn’t care about the fact that she was married. He saw her and did everything within his power to get her including killing her husband. The Bible says that the thing that David had done displeased the Lord (verse 27).
These are just two of the many examples in the Word where we can clearly see that men are attracted by sight. What can we learn from this? There is so much, but here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Wives, maintain beauty from the inside out. Keep yourself looking good! (So often women make sure that they look good before marriage but after marriage and children, they let it all go)
- Wives, know what catches your husband’s eye.
- Wives, aim to please the husband that God gave you.
- Single/Godly ladies, don’t put it all out on display. Look good but be modest! (I was always told, “If you are not for sale, put the Sale sign down.”)
- Husbands, keep your eyes on the wife that God has given you. (Treasure her, compliment her and although you can’t hep but see other women, focus your eyes on your own wife)
- Single/Godly men, beware of a woman who exposes her 3 b’s.
- Be careful about about what you wear and what you attract. Is it godly?
Summer is almost here and the hotter it gets, the more people expose and the more we see. Let’s pray that we can all keep our eyes focused in the right direction.
Until next week . . .